Vision and Mission
Inspire. Empower. Impact
Mission: Empowering changemakers who know themselves, understand others and are inspired to make an impact on our world.
Vision: Inspiring students to embrace their talents and passions within them to realize their potential, become global citizens and changemakers, and develop the academic and social skills that will make the world a better place.
Content. Collaboration. Communication. Citizenship. Character. Critical and Innovative Thinker.
- We value relationships and connections
- All student strengths are celebrated, we recognize the importance of whole child development
- We empower students to be Changemakers and to have impact as a part of the larger community
- We believe in equal emphasis on academic rigor and character development
- Standards are taught in a purposeful and meaningful way and are accessible to a range of learners
- We believe in lifelong learning for all, students and staff
- We take risks, ask questions, use a growth mindset, and celebrate mistakes.
- We are dedicated to the success of all students.
- Believe we, as teachers, have the power to impact students' lives.
- Families have the right to take a meaningful part in their child's academic and social well-being.
Be Kind. Be Brave. Be You. Be the Change.
Students have the right to love school and learning.
Students have the right to feel safe, cared for and respected by all.
Students have the right to be heard, to be unique, to guide their education and to express their feelings, ideas and opinions.
Students have the right to be themselves in a school that supports different learning styles, varied pacing, and personalization.
Students have the right to an environment that promotes, respects and celebrates diversity and promotes compassion, empathy, and equity.
Students have the right to pursue service learning opportunities.
Students have the right to build a trusting and supportive relationship with peers, adults and the community.
Mistakes are part of the learning process and we will celebrate and learn from them.
Students will be given opportunity to identify their own strengths and how they contribute to the community.
Students have the right to regularly collaborate and become empowered in our school.
Students have the right to be viewed as gifted and talented.
Students have the right to advocate for what they believe in, and in turn be advocated for.
Our school received an LWSD Innovation Grant. Here is a Video about ISL: