At this time there is no change to our offering of transportation services, however our ability to transport all students may be limited due to special education routes and a reduced number of drivers. A survey has been sent to K-5 parents to determine who plans to have their child ride the bus and routes will be developed based on that input. We anticipate reduced ridership which will help support physical distancing. If numbers exceed our ability to transport, adjustments may need to be considered such as increasing walk zones and reconfiguring routes.
Parents must evaluate students for symptoms of illness and take students temperature PRIOR to sending them to the bus stop. If their student is sick, the parent would need to keep them home from school.
Protocols for all Drivers and Students
- Bus drivers have all been trained with COVID-19 Safety Protocols.
- While students are waiting at the bus stop students should maintain physical distancing and wear masks.
- All drivers and students will be required to wear masks while on the bus.
- All windows at the front and rear of the bus and all roof hatches will be open to maintain proper ventilation and to create a circulation of air flow within– please ensure your children are dressed appropriately for the bus ride.
- In the morning at the bus stop - students will load the bus and fill the seats from back to front. Siblings/household members should always sit together in the same seat. When buses arrive at school students should exit from front seats to back.
- In the afternoon going home – students will load the bus from back to front based on bus stop – last bus stop in the back, first bus stop in the front.
- Students should maintain physical distancing when entering and leaving the bus.
- Each bus will have high touch points, including seats and handles cleaned between routes and will be spray disinfected at the end of each day.
Ill Student onboard
- If a student appears to be ill while onboard the student will be assigned to a specified row
- Driver will call dispatch to notify the school
- The student will be sent to the Quarantine Room or Q Room upon arrival
- Transportation will email bus stop information prior to the start of classes.